Whitening Do’s and Don’ts
You have made an investment to make you smile look brighter.
Please follow these guidelines to help maintain the look of your new smile.
Everyone’s teeth have a protective layer called the protein pellicle. This layer contains the surface dental stains and is removed during the whitening process. It takes 12-24hrs for the barrier to fully develop again so we ask you to follow these instructions. You may resume using the following after 72hrs. Expect some sensitivity and occasional shooting pains.
- Drink Red Wine
- Dark Colas
- Carrots, Beets, etc…
- Soy Sauce, Marinara (tomato) Sauce, A-1 Steak Sauce
- Tobacco in any form
- Avoid Citrus and/or products with Citric Acid: lemons, limes, oranges. OJ. These can cause teeth to ache during this time.
- DO NOT use mouthwashes/rinses especially ones containing Cetylpirdinium Chloride ie: Crest Pro Health, Colgate Total etc… May cause permanent staining if used within 1wk after whitening.
- Stay away from “any thing that could stain a white shirt”
- Keep foods and liquids “white” and “light”
- Use a sensitive toothpaste – you may rub onto teeth without rinsing after….use just a little.
- Continue to Brush and Floss regularly
- Smile a lot and show off your Pearly Whites!!
Please don’t hesitate to call us anytime with questions or concerns. We are only a phone call away! 714-557-0882